Saturday, March 10, 2012

SM Business Center. More fun in getting NSO Birth Certificate.

After learning that I had my Philhealth data records wrong, I emailed Philhealth and they replied with an attachment of the form that I have to fill out plus the message that states the documents needed for the data correction. I need to bring a birth certificate.
I hate long lines. I hate going to government offices. But I hate paying too much for government documents even if it means lesser effort. Thank God for SM Business Centers.

Since SM Marikina is just a tricycle ride away from home, I went there one weekend to get a copy of my Birth Certificate. No long lines. At the entrance, I told the guard what I will be needing. He gave me two copies of a form that I have to fill out for my request to be processed. If you don't have the time to apply, you can also ask somebody to apply for you. Just don't forget to let your representative bring a valid ID and an authorization letter. :)

After finishing the form, I paid to the cashier a total of 160php for a copy of my birth certificate. 140php is for the birth certificate itself and the 20php is for the service fee. The request can be picked up after seven working days. If you are in no rush, this is a very convenient way of acquiring a copy of your birth certificate. But if you are really the busy type and you're willing to pay a higher price, you can go to http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/ pay 330php per copy of your birth certificate and wait 2-3 days for your document to be delivered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment